I'm a mom...so what else is new?

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I'm actually dieting this week

I've been doing weight watchers since April of 2005...I haven't actually been following the program since I stopped nursing in Dec. of 2005. Well, I followed it well enough. I figured I'd been on the program so long, I knew what I was doing. Come April of 2006 I had lost 60 lbs. I had reached a goal I wanted to obtain. I kinda wished it would have been more, but it was what I had accomplished.
Once I reached the 60# I kinda gave myself a break. We had birthday parties and picnics and the free Saturdays I 'd been giving myself turned into free weekends, free Monday, Tuesday...or crap weighin is on Saturday, better do something. And then I gained 16#. That's where I was at last Saturday.
So, I took home the traveling journal from the meeting. I forced myself to take accountabiltiy for my actions. I haven't been a good role model for the members of our meeting..since I weigh people in, I feel it's my responsibility to at least follow the program we are promoting!
And I gotta say, it's not easy. You think you know so much and you think you are doing so good, until you realize a Taco Salad from Taco Bell is 13 points..half your points for the day. And a bag of m&m are 5 points, and a cheeseburger is 10 points or so. And someone had a birthday and birthday cake happens to be your sinful desire!!! Oh my goodness!!! Yesterday was the first day I stayed within my points...25 to be exact! I had 1 point left for the day! But that doesn't take away from the fact that I only have 3 flex points left for the week! yikes!
And get this...with as good as I've been..I won't even be able to weigh in on Saturday. We're going to the Missionary convention at MVNU. I have to keep on this till NEXT SATURDAY! Oh joy!! I hope I lose 5 lbs!!
I have Dave by my side! He went to Pizza Hut without me today! And Kim has been nice enough to let me bring healthy food over. I only hope I can make it! Good grief and to think that I'm supposed to weigh 160 or so...I'll be happy to get to 200! only 20 lbs to go!
Okay well, my soul has been stripped....weight is just a number! But I sure would like my size 18 to feel a whole lot looser , thank you very much! Or just fit, for that matter! :)
I'll keep you posted!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Sorry I haven't commented until now...I have been a little busy. You know with all of the appointments and the company I have had this week. LOL. But I am sorry that I wasn't very good for the diet last night. After the wonderful salad and diet pop, the rice crispies ruined it all. Did you go get weighed at the doctors? Wish me luck for tomorrow. I think I seriously gained 10 pounds. I would like to blame it on the cake from Sam's party but it may have been the 3 or 4 trips to BW3s or the 2 trips to Pizza hut...OH Wait I know it was the greasy bacon that I had for breakfast this morning.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sarah,
    I would like to apologize for my behavior today. I am not good with change sometimes and today was no exception. Mentally there were to be 5 people, I knew that because I had counted them myself. I had this nice big table that would fit 5 people nicely. I had no idea that you were coming and when the waitress said that man over there said to add 5 more people I argued no cause see I had added the people myself. The confusion became more difficult because I couldn't see the man she was referring to. Sometimes my dad does things like that to tease. So I insisted I was right. Then everything went haywire. So there is no excuse for bad behavior and I was rude and for that I apologize. I am just glad that you and Kim are friends and you are able to help one another out.

    Hope you will forgive me.

    Carolyn
    Kims mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home