I'm a mom...so what else is new?

Thursday, June 08, 2006

my first blog....woohoo

So here's my first blog. I'm a mom...so what else is new? I'm a very young mom...which I get a lot of crap for...from my friends. Just kidding, girls! I'm only 23....soon to be 24. I feel like I have to be a 3rd grader again....I'm 23 and 10 months old! Woohoo! Maybe I should just get younger friends. Nah... I really like my friends a lot....maybe too much. But if they weren't around, I know life would be a lot harder. If you can't laugh at the fact that your kids just used a tub of vasoline to paint the walls and grease there hair....then you probably should just leave the house for a couple of minutes, just so you don't end up on the evening news. FYI....if your kids ever do use vasoline in there hair...don't worry, it'll be shiny for a week and look really wet, but you won't have to worry about dandruff for at least a year! Oh and to get it out...yeah, not happening...maybe with a little dishsoap...but I dont suggest it....it burns the eyes, bad. Unless you like screaming in the bathroom...which only intensifies the sound, by the way.
Well, like I said earlier, I'm a mom....at stay at home mom at that! I have 3 kids. Two girls and a boy....Taylor is 5, Jamie is 3, and Ethan is 18 months old. Yeah, there close I know. But we don't have to worry about having anymore kids. And Dave (my husband) and I like each other way too much to not plan on having anymore kids....Dave made it permanent. And I am going to too, soon.
Anyway, back to the kids. Taylor is me, mini me....my mom gives me a hard time every time Taylor does something to defy me (she sounds just like you when you were little). Oh well, what would the world be without strong willed women?? We wouldn't be voting or wearing pants....gotta say that much. Jamie is different....she's got the puppy dog eyes, can get her way almost anytime, gets into tons, tons, tons of trouble and knows it...but just looks so innocent. I love her, though....God love her too, because some days....... Oh and there's Ethan, our boy, boy oh, boy. He's fun. I have two sisters, lived with my mom and around my grandma my whole life....didn't have many boys around (Dad left the picture at age 5, only to reappear for brief moments and holidays). It's fun to have a boy around...they make life interesting and not so serious....are boys serious? Mine isn't...he's mischeivious, like his sister Jamie....they're going to cause me lots of headaches when they get older.
Enough with the kids for now, I'm a mom....and I'm a wife. I've been with my husband for 6 years now....only married to him for 5 1/2, though. That's why Taylor is 5......"been with" get it? :) Okay anyway. Dave's great! I can laugh with my husband....I know sometimes he might think I've totally lost it, but he still loves me in spite of myself. When we have heated discussions, not fights, they usually end up with us in different rooms, but we end them with laughing it off....because why would you be mad about how messy the house it...just clean it up..it'll go a lot faster with both of us working at it and working together not mad at each other. Besides, did you miss the part where we have 3 kids under the age of 6?? Yeah, he makes life fun....when he's here. It's fun when he's not, too.....but not too much goes on during second shift, so far. He works at Honda...just got hired on at Honda, full-time. ONly been waiting 3 1/2 years, but who's counting? We're just waiting for the Honda money to kick in. Well I guess it has a little .....I actually have a mini van now!!!! And Dave has his own car, too.
This coming from a family of three in a two door Toyota Tercel...then upgraded to a family of four (and then a family of five) in a four door Ford Escort....mind you, not much room with a rear facing carseat in a Toyota Tercel or Ford Escort!! And the Ford held three carseats in the back at one time!!!!!!! Believe anything is possible!!!!!!
So I'm a mom...and a wife ....and a friend...and I'm Sarah :) I'm probably just like you. I have good days, I have bad days, I have in between days....and one of these days...I'll write a book. :) With all my stories. Or just a doctor suess book. :)
So this is my blog....how'd I do? Well, I think I did pretty good for an introduction anyway. Maybe more about life tomorrow. I can't stay on here forever....I've got a life to live and survive! Did I tell you I have 3 kids???

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Not only a mom but a great mom at that! Remember I told you that Sam was wondering, "Why does Sarah always smile?" I think it is because you can laugh in even the most stressful of situations. I have been trying to follow your lead. I really hope you don't start looking for younger friends, I enjoy your company too much. I mean who else could offend you and you still talk to each other every day (OLD SOUL!). I am glad you decided to blog, this way I get to learn more about you. Have a great day!

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    Sarah with an H it is good to have another writer to read. You and my Kim with a K are very much a like. I am a mom of three. I survived and today I have 3 adult children that are responsible and call me even though I was sure when they grew up they would not want anything to do with me. I was a screamer but the fact I could never remember who to scream at took the effect away.

    Our problem solving method was when things were tense we shut the door piled into our beat up car and drove with our last few dollars and bought lottery tickets. I then turned it into an object lesson about the sin of gambling. ha Actually we bought ice cream, buying time so I could deal with the real problem later.

    If life gets too much have a pity party. Anyone can be invited. You supply the tissues and they must sit on the floor and everyone gets a turn to share their misery and whale and cry. Then you bring out the popcorn and eat.

    Just some advice from a mom who is old enough to be yours.

    Glad you found Kim with a K

    Carolyn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home