I'm a mom...so what else is new?

Friday, June 23, 2006

Survived VBS

Well, I survived VBS...and so did Dave. He had Thursday off...and it was God sent!!! I was getting totally burnt out! And we spent his day off in the best way...doing nothing with friends! No worries, just hanging out. I just have to say..that I enjoy bible school. Our bible school when we were growing up was never this elaborate and there were never decorations or themes or bible buddies! I want to have bible buddies! I'm happy my kids got to be apart of something like this and I hope they remember it.
This was the first year Dave helped. And I don't know how he did it. He doesn't get home from work until 2 or later. And we had to be at church every morning by 8:30....we pulled into the parking lot at 8:30....does that count? Well....I'm just glad he had Thursday off!!!! We had VBS from whatever time we got there in the morning till noon, then we stayed for kid lunches...that way we could just put them to bed when we got home...which left us with 1 1/2 to 2 hours to spend together or have lunch or take a nap. or all the above.
Anyway, we made it through it....and I'm glad we did it. I only wish Dave would have done preschool, just so he could appreciate what I went through. :) Now some people didn't have responsible teens in there group...but that's not as bad as not responsible adults. or not helpful.......I don't know...we're all apart of the group...so let's team up and take care of all of them....not "he's not in my group" stuff or totally spacing out and leaving whenever you want and letting your kids run rampid....I started out with 4 kids on my list...ended the week that way too....but had 3-4 -5...a lot more extra around me when it was all over. I love those kids...and they love me :) or else it was my crazy style for the day. I just tried to make it fun for them....and well I like to be silly and dress up. :) I'll have to upload some pictures!!
I don't think VBS had the same effect last years had on me.....I didn't have a funny friend to bounce jokes off of....and the songs didn't have nearly as many aerobic class moves in them....so I don't think I'll be losing 5lbs this week......man...and I was so looking forward to VBS for that reason. I know...how selfish. But God always puts me in my place, by putting "melt your heart" kids in my group. One girl sat on my lap ALL THE TIME....and she really made Jamie mad.....I really don't like that girl mommy, says Jamie. :) And another girl lite up everytime she saw me....it didn't even matter to me that it took her 10 minutes to use the rest room....she just was so excited she went (still in pull ups).
I can honestly say...in my sleep deprivedness...I'm looking forward to next year. I'll have to ask Patti what the theme is so I can start looking for more outfit accesories!!!
Hey , Jesus is our friend!! VIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Commenting...check back tomorrow

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Now come on Sherry, Why do you think I'm always so chipper? :) My kids need a nap.....NEED!!! And mommy does too. I don't always get one, but it's always on the list for the day. :) Another advantage of being a stay at home mom...nap when you can!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home