So this is my life
In case you were wondering, I've been a little stressed lately. Some people tell me I do to much at church...but honestly that's my outlet. I know that might sound weird, but it is. I know I'm doing something good... and for the Lord.
The source of my stress lately has been home life.
Here's the back story....I live with my sister who goes to college, comes home for the summer, and my other sister, who hasn't quite figured out what she's doing with her life. They live in the same house as me and my family of five...it's a big house...everyone has their own room, but sometimes it's just not big enough. And a sneeze away from us is my mom and grandma...right next door. There's always someone here.
Anyway, now that you know my situation....here's my stress. Dave just started 2nd shift. I don't have my usual help in the evenings...but my sisters are home most of the time. They do help withe the kids, sometimes. And there's grandma who watches the girls if they go out to play. But Ethan is untouchable or so it seems....no one wants him outside...unless I'm there. He likes to run. And sometimes i just need a break....from everyone. And I don't get that enough...but who does, when you're a mom?
And the thing with sisters is you can't just say what you mean or they get all mad and passive aggressive like our grandma...who will never tell you something is bothering her...but if she's not talking to you...it must mean something. GEEZ!!!
I love my family....believe me and most of the times their great....we play games together, eat together, watch tv together...but I'm waiting the day when I can have my own house to call myOWN. With out a revolving door and huge electric bill and loads of laundry...well...there'll always be laundry. :)
So if I seemed stressed.....just leave it at that....and be thankful of what might be going on in you life....because you could always be here. :) (it's not that bad, just a little crowded, at times)
The source of my stress lately has been home life.
Here's the back story....I live with my sister who goes to college, comes home for the summer, and my other sister, who hasn't quite figured out what she's doing with her life. They live in the same house as me and my family of five...it's a big house...everyone has their own room, but sometimes it's just not big enough. And a sneeze away from us is my mom and grandma...right next door. There's always someone here.
Anyway, now that you know my situation....here's my stress. Dave just started 2nd shift. I don't have my usual help in the evenings...but my sisters are home most of the time. They do help withe the kids, sometimes. And there's grandma who watches the girls if they go out to play. But Ethan is untouchable or so it seems....no one wants him outside...unless I'm there. He likes to run. And sometimes i just need a break....from everyone. And I don't get that enough...but who does, when you're a mom?
And the thing with sisters is you can't just say what you mean or they get all mad and passive aggressive like our grandma...who will never tell you something is bothering her...but if she's not talking to you...it must mean something. GEEZ!!!
I love my family....believe me and most of the times their great....we play games together, eat together, watch tv together...but I'm waiting the day when I can have my own house to call myOWN. With out a revolving door and huge electric bill and loads of laundry...well...there'll always be laundry. :)
So if I seemed stressed.....just leave it at that....and be thankful of what might be going on in you life....because you could always be here. :) (it's not that bad, just a little crowded, at times)

2 Comments:
At 6:18 PM,
Carolyn said…
Sarah,
You are doing just fine and what you feel is quite normal. Is there a quick fix no. But you recognize it and that is a start.
You are a good mom and to take on sunday school and helping with other programs is good.
We will have to pray for days for your man and kims. it would be nice to have the time as couples.
School will be here soon. And that will help a little and there is always Nyquel!! just kidding.
Carolyn
At 8:37 PM,
Kim said…
Hey...I am still waiting on the next installment of your blog. If you are like me...I feel like I tell you everything and it sometimes takes away from my blogging. But I am glad that I have you as a friend and I hope that are friendship continues until we are both old and gray and hopefully skinny.
Post a Comment
<< Home