I'm a mom...so what else is new?

Monday, July 03, 2006

Sarah's movie reviews

Well, this weekend...I think I set some sort of new record for myself! I saw a movie everyday over the weekend...and never with the same people!
Over the hedge was at the palace over the weekend. I took my kids...well, all except Ethan, to see it on Friday night. It was without Dave, so I was free to take the girls to the bathroom twice in an 1 1/2 hour movie. It was fun...if you ever want a cheap splurge worthy date, go to the palace. The girls got to get whatever snacks they wanted, simply because it was only $1. The movie was cute, just like any other cartoon movie, really. It had the choice on character had to make with himself, the friends, the adventure, the minor drama, and the humor clean enough for kids but for the adults. ( The squirrel found his nuts!)
On Saturday night I saw The Lake House with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. Honestly, I could watch those two actors together all day long. Remember Speed?? They just work for me. Okay the movie was a bit confusing, but I like not getting the movie right away. It was kinda slow in the beginning and a couple parts in the middle. but it was good. If you watch it, be prepared to have the unrelenting urge to watch An Affair to Remember or Sleepless in Seattle afterwards. It was a good romantic movie! And I'm glad I went, even though Dave didn't go...he has something against Keanu Reeves! Whatever, Dave!!
Okay, then on Sunday we were going to go see Superman Returns, but you know how it goes with family. I thought one thing, my mom thought another. I thought she was going to watch my kids, so Dave and I could go with my sisters and cousins visiting from Arizona...but she thought it was just me going, so she left with my cousins to see the movie. Needless to say, we didn't see Superman Returns. However, once Ethan was in bed and the girls ready for bed....Dave and I got away while my mom watched the kids this time. We went to the latest showing of The Devil wears Prada. Now that was fun! I felt like we were on a real date. Just me and Dave and a couple other girls behind us in a theater. it was great. Almost like our own personal screening. I like Ann Hathaway...and Dave wanted to see Meryl Streep as the villian in the movie. It was almost like her in 101 Dalmations...but (was that her??) without the evil laugh and crazy hair. It made me want to put on heavy eye makeup and dress up.....in department store clothing....I could never afford the clothes they were talking about in that movie! It was good, though. Gotta say I liked it....and we got the largest popcorn...because we're planning on going to Pirates of the Caribbean 2 on Saturday!!
Man we are a bunch of movie phens!! Oh and while we weren't at the movies...we saw some new releases on DVD.....Failure to Launch with the sexiest mmmmmmmmmmmman!! matthew McConaughey and Sarah Jessica Parker. That was funny....Dave has yet to watch it...like I need another excuse to watch it. And if you have half a day available to watch a movie, try King Kong.....oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the longest movie ever!!! it had some great special effects...and why wouldn't it, it was directed by Peter Jackson....maker of Lord of the Rings films. But the movie was seriously 3 1/2 hours long. OH MY GOODNESS!! Can we get an intermission or two! Yeah that one went back to Blockbuster!
So what a non moving weekend! Just sitting, eating popcorn, and watching movies! But they were good movies, all of them in their own ways!! hey, and if you've seen a movie lately....give my your review....I'malway up for a good film, or two!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I too have seen Over the Hedge and Lake House and I have to say they were good movies. Maybe we should go together next time. I will talk to you later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home