I'm a mom...so what else is new?

Friday, July 07, 2006

We did it!

We went on our first real vacation. Granted it was still in the same state and not far from home, but it was a real vacation. We went to the Fort Rapids Holiday Inn in columbus. It was a hotel with an indoor waterpark. and we went when it was raining!! It rained everyday we were there except the days we went shopping...which I thought was perfect!! It was nice, though. There was something for everyone to do. Dave and I took turns going down water slides...well, mostly me, not Dave. The girls kept going on the slides, over and over and over. They even went underwater on purpose. Ethan was happy when he was with me.....and he adjusted to Daddy. :) Just like he adjusted to the water. I think the kids think I'm the only one capable of taking care of them.
We stayed two nights in the hotel. The girls had a queen bed to themselves, Ethan was in a rather small crib and Dave and I had a queen bed, nothing new for us. We all went to bed a 10-11 pm....because we were all in one room, there wasn't much time for us to do watch tv while the kids slept...or anything else for that matter. I gotta say it was all pretty relaxing....we had our moments of frustration and dinner, lunch and breakfast were never quiet.....Ethan doesn't do well in sitting positions. He wants to get up, move, have mommy, run, anything but sit, or he yells. So there was lots of yelling. :) I'm not crazy...he'll get the point eventually....he'll just have to wait till I'm all done...or just decide his yelling is making me lose my appetite. :)
We'll definitely do it again..maybe in the winter time! Why not!!
I write more about our adventures tomorrow...off to bed for me...I'm sleepy...it's my bedtime. :) you know between 10-11pm.........

2 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    Glad you had a chance to get a little R & R. When you have little ones it is something you usually enjoying when your kids have their families and you have the freedom. Thanks for the thought. As I set on 71 trying to find the emergency flasher that was right in front of me, I kept thinking this too will pass.. if I don't have the big one first. ha
    Glad you are there for Kim and can share the same mom moments together. It is like having an AA meeting of new mom's. Keep your good attitude and remember as the kids get older and you are able to give directions and they really understand and listen, you tell them you need one hour in the bathroom alone, no one calls your name, nor asks about supper, or asks when are we going. Read the newspaper, read a chapter in a book, wash your face comb your hair and then come out with a smile. For just one hour you were not mom, MOM, MOM MOM or MOM. you were just Sarah.
    Carolyn

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Thanks for the new post. I am jealous of the vacation. We won't be able to take one until November. I am thinking maybe we need a mini vacation like this sooner though. I am really glad that you all had fun and got recharged. Remember, I offered to watch Ethan...I would have even drove down to pick him up. I WAS GONNA.............
    Talk to you soon.
    Kim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home