I'm a mom...so what else is new?

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Taylor's 1st day of Kindergarten


RockYou slideshow | View | Add Favorite



Taylor started Kindergarten at Elgin South yesterday. She went all day and will go everyday...as long as they have school. :) She did really good. We had some anxiety in the morning. She didn't want to eat breakfast, everyone wanted to go to the bus stop...but not everyone was dressed, and we had to make sure we had everything she needed. Crazy morning!!!
The bus stop is right across the street. The bus just sits in the junior high parking lot until it's time to start the route..........and we almost missed it!!!!! We headed over there as soon as we saw the bus start moving!!!! Run, Taylor, Run!! Poor Jamie was sad, Daddy was upset and Ethan just wanted to eat something....they all missed her getting on the bus. :(
Instead of fight or wallow in the pitifullness that Taylor just started school, we ate breakfast, got ready, and headed to her school!! Why not? Kim did! She's the one that gave me the idea! I didn't know you could do that! Dave waited outside, I waited in the van with Jamie and Ethan and we watched. I'm sure we were a site! "Look there's her bus. Where is she? Is that her? Oh there she is, hurry Dave get a picture. What do you mean the cameras not working?? Oh great you missed the picture. Well, just get a good one." Dave gave her a hug and we left the school teary eyed...okay maybe a little bit more that teary eyed.
She just looked so big with her huge Strawberry Shortcake bookbag and her pink Barbie lunch box. And she didn't even care....it was something just for her. It was her day!
So in honor of her day...first day of kindergarten, we had a party! complete with cupcakes (strawberry shortcake ones) and presents! The present was really for her losing her tooth.
What you mean I didn't tell you she lost a tooth? Well she did, the day before school and she's about to lose the one right next to it. I'm telling you I'm not sure I can handle all this growing up at once!

Needless to say, we all survived her first day of school. And today went much better. I got up early to make sure we didn't have a repeat of yesterday. Taylor still didn't want to eat breakfast....so I gave her a quarter for breakfast at school...that's all it cost. I only hope she used it. She told me yesterday that they had two snacks and she hardly ate her lunch we packed...so maybe the snacks are really good. I'll have to find out, I've already signed up to be a room mom!! I can't wait!!

Well, until something exciting happens again!

Taylor's 1st week review....maybe!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Great pictures...Much more than I expected...LOL. I am glad that she had a good day. I think Samuel is still getting over not seeing his brother all day. I will talk to you later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home