I'm a mom...so what else is new?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Taylor


Taylor is my first child, and she is me incarnate. She started kindergarten this year, going on a month next week. I remember my mom telling me that I thought I could do anything I wanted in kindergarten...and that's what I'm getting from Taylor. I'm so happy she has the strenght and boldness she has, but sometimes that's what drives me so crazy.
Take for instance, she has a loose tooth and has for about a month now. She literally has two rows of teeth. And she won't let me pull it. I've offered her money, ice cream...even a car!!! Well, it's a barbie car, but still. I told her the story of my mom when she was little, she was eating a sandwich and just ate her loose tooth. Taylor just thought it was funny.
On a proud note, Taylor read her first book. "see the (picture of door), see the (picture of the sun)" She read it,though!! And she's doing better at recognizing letters. Tonight she told me how to spell "stop" while we sat at a stop sign. I was really impressed.
So to Taylor I say, I love you, no matter how many fits you give me, and how many times you decide to defy what I tell you to do...I know it is only going to get worse. :) I'm just glad right now we just argue over what's for dinner and that you need to wear a jacket..or you'll be cold. See just silly, doesn't matter kind of stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home