Jamie
Jamie is our second child. And she is the middle child, not that it means anything. The middle children have issues...at least in my family. Just kidding, Amy. I can honestly say we expected Jamie. We planned on getting pregnant worth her. With Taylor, we talked about the possibility, but neither one of us really believed we could get pregnant (so quickly). We were in denial. With Ethan, I held a baby....the thought of a new baby got in my mind, made my ovaries start singing...and we got pregnant. With Jamie, the same thing kinda happened. Some of our friends were talking about adding to their families...and Taylor was grown out of the infant stages for the most part...granted she was only 10 months old!! But we were young, in love, and didn't think it would be all that hard. How hard could it be????
Well, we met Jamie, on Thanksgiving, nonetheless. She wasn't a happy baby. It wasn't a baby story moment. The labor was great..only 6 hours or so. She was even born in time for lunch...that's when everyone left me to go eat.
When she was born......she CRIED!! Duh, I know that's what you are thinking. But when the doctor handed her to me, she kept right on crying. And she didn't stop...for 3 hours. The nurses took her to the nursery and actually had to put her in her own room, simply because she was stressing the other babies out.
She did eventually grow out of crying....only took three months of colic, but she did grow out of it.
Now we are coming up on her 4th birthday this November. She's getting a new bike, because she's outgrown her old one. She's grown out of a lot of things lately...all her clothes...all her shoes...everything. I guess I just figured she'd stay little forever. But when you put last years clothes on her and think, hey maybe this will still work....and obviously they don't, the reality of her actually growing hits. She is actually sharing clothes with Taylor...well, basically whatever is the slightest bit to small for Taylor, goes straight to jamie. It's kinda nice..but I just hope Jamie doesn't surpass Taylor in the clothing department. it's hard enough as it is to keep their clothes straight when I'm putting them away. If they were actually in the same size....I don't know what I'd do.
Jamie still is the crazy one around here. She loves her brother though...a little too much sometime. She likes to play with him..sometimes a little too hard. And when he's doing something he shouldn't be, and Dave and I are trying to stop it (say, throwing food off his high chair) she just laughs at him. and he keeps on doing it and thinks it's funny. I'm happy they like each other though.
she likes being a little momma, too. she babies Ethan and she babies her dolls. She grabs a purse and a doll and walks around the house pretending to shop or go to the doctor. It's fun. she makes me laugh.
She's silly, she's loveable, she's one of a kind. She's Jamie!!
|
Well, we met Jamie, on Thanksgiving, nonetheless. She wasn't a happy baby. It wasn't a baby story moment. The labor was great..only 6 hours or so. She was even born in time for lunch...that's when everyone left me to go eat.
When she was born......she CRIED!! Duh, I know that's what you are thinking. But when the doctor handed her to me, she kept right on crying. And she didn't stop...for 3 hours. The nurses took her to the nursery and actually had to put her in her own room, simply because she was stressing the other babies out.
She did eventually grow out of crying....only took three months of colic, but she did grow out of it.
Now we are coming up on her 4th birthday this November. She's getting a new bike, because she's outgrown her old one. She's grown out of a lot of things lately...all her clothes...all her shoes...everything. I guess I just figured she'd stay little forever. But when you put last years clothes on her and think, hey maybe this will still work....and obviously they don't, the reality of her actually growing hits. She is actually sharing clothes with Taylor...well, basically whatever is the slightest bit to small for Taylor, goes straight to jamie. It's kinda nice..but I just hope Jamie doesn't surpass Taylor in the clothing department. it's hard enough as it is to keep their clothes straight when I'm putting them away. If they were actually in the same size....I don't know what I'd do.
Jamie still is the crazy one around here. She loves her brother though...a little too much sometime. She likes to play with him..sometimes a little too hard. And when he's doing something he shouldn't be, and Dave and I are trying to stop it (say, throwing food off his high chair) she just laughs at him. and he keeps on doing it and thinks it's funny. I'm happy they like each other though.
she likes being a little momma, too. she babies Ethan and she babies her dolls. She grabs a purse and a doll and walks around the house pretending to shop or go to the doctor. It's fun. she makes me laugh.
She's silly, she's loveable, she's one of a kind. She's Jamie!!
| 
1 Comments:
At 11:48 AM,
Kim said…
I guess it would be rude of me not to comment on your blog about Jamie...I think she is so funny and she is exactly how you described her. Last night was a perfect example of what a little mother she tries to be...she is awesome. Thanks for letting me play with your kids.
Post a Comment
<< Home