I'm a mom...so what else is new?

Monday, November 13, 2006

Life in a bubble

I guess I can say I've been living life in a bubble lately. I say a bubble simply because I've been all comsumed by my life, my problems, just me...and everything around me was distorted. Well....maybe not distorted, but I've been so consumed, I haven't tried looking outside of me and my world.
Two weekends ago I went on a Ladies retreat with our church and a bunch of ladies from our church, some I knew, some I knew just in passing, and others I didn't know at all. Thankfully, I roomed with some I knew. lol I didn't have very high expectations for this weekend. I was just going to get away from my life here. I know it sounds bad, but I've really just wanted to escape lately...be someone else, live someone else's life.
Thankfully though, the weekend was a blessing. I got to feel a little bit like me again....not just a mom, or wife, or friend. I got to see that living someone else's life isn't the answer. If I can't stan my own life, why would someone else's be any better? The openness of everyone really touched me that weekend, just to see that everyone has something going on in their lives that they struggle with.
Our speaker, Kelly Reisen, just opened our minds and hearts and the holy spirit literally flooded us. I think I went through a good box of tissues myself...and I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. She made it okay to talk about our problems....she talked about being committed to our lives no matter if it got better or not. She just touched my heart from the inside out.
I love my family, my husband, my kids. I just needed to hear that God loves me and he's here with me. He wants all of me and he will provide my needs...not necessarily my wants...but he will provide what I need. He definitely provided for me that weekend. God was there and he meet us all there. He knew each of us were coming and had a message for each one. It was just amazing.
Having come home, I still get emotional just thinking about my meeting with God. My life hasn't changed....my problems haven't left. But I've been praying more and seeking God more. My life is going to be a journey, both physically and spiritually. But now I have a renewal of my faith and my hope, because I was reminded how real God is and that he has something so much more greater planned for me than this life has to offer.
Praise God!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Amen...AMEN! I couldn't agree more. That is how I have been feeling. The problems are still here but HE loves me just as I am. It is amazing. I think what has helped me this week has been that one weekend and being able to look back on it and realize what wonderful grace God has for us. I can't seem to get enough of christian songs or praise and worship songs. I listen to them from the time I get in the car till the time I get out. Thank you for going on that weekend with me and I look forward to getting to go on "THE WALK". I couldn't have asked for a better friend to have sharred that weekend with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home